This site was founded by Alphess Iceis and Alphess Rose, two dear friends whom only wish the best for their site and will do everything to protect it. Their idea is original and strictly their own, copyright offenders will not be tolerated. Unlike some roleplays, we aim for a secure environment for all ages and promote online safety.
Interested in our community? Awesome! If you are still interested, please read the setting and background information located in our GB, you may go down the list or travel through things freely - just make sure to read everything!
© Image copyrighted to Rose!
The light of our heart from within illuminates the dark and brings life to the barren world, touching the lands and therein.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
» Sudden collapse and catastrophe «
Gradually, they fell from their thrones of universal dominance. In little time, their fate was inevitable and humans had gone while their cities lay desolate and eerily quiescent. For some time no animals reacted, still under the impression that humans remained within their cities, but eventually it became undeniable that they had vanished. Some corpses were found, appeared murdered out of spite, but the body count was low overall. There still remains numerous theories on the reason to their downfall, some possibilities are; overuse of technology, destroying the environment, widespread disease or a world war. Regardless of truth, the idea that humans excelled too quickly and (instead progressing with caution) ignorantly continued, learning but never truly taking in their wide knowledge, lead to their demise will forever be burned into the last traces of their existence. What actually happened is a mystery and perhaps knowledge was the death of the humans in that they were too foolish to recognize what power they held but, either way, the now titled "Ones Before" have gone and with their absence, a new species was forced to rise up and become dominant.
02. Here at Incandescence, we have an age requirement of 13 years and request everything is kept PG-13 on the forum. We realize some members may be more older than others but regardless we ask each member acts maturely. Any member lying about their age will be immediately removed. There is no age limit but older members will be monitored to make sure their conduct is appropriate in public space. Please be respectful to everyone (especially staff). We will not tolerate immature, reckless, or rude members.
To begin, we allow very little in the sexual content department. Of course, you can have your wolves flirt and may also use sexual innuendos and references but never - for example - should you describe mating in detail. This is absolutely not acceptable and and any "intimate" moments between wolves exceeding "passionate" cuddling should immediately go to "fade to black".
Violence is a more difficult subject and will vary per situation but, in short, you are free to fight, torture (within the rule limits) and kill IC. For fighting, as long as there are no serious injuries or lacerations, you do not need to worry about this rule. However, if your wolf goes to make a violent attack, note there are limits to how much you may describe their attack and the said wound. It is all well and good to give players a vivid description so they may "see" the scene play out, but things must stay with the PG-13 rating. For other subjects such as torture, you may not write this out in detail. You can still instill "fear" and describe the horrible situation well without taking us through the process of how to remove a leg (or something of that manner, just an example). Some examples of popular media that fits within this rating - from Jcink itself - are Batman: The Dark Knight and Criminal Minds.
Lastly, language should be a simple subject. Your character is free to curse but we shouldn't see excessive cursing every post and every damn sentence (see what we did there?). Please avoid curse words that are especially offensive (the word fuck for example should be around the peak of your "cursing limit") - no don't ask, you know what they are.
04. Incandescence is, purely and simply, a wolf roleplaying site. No other types of animals are permitted as characters, please and thank you. Mixed breeds and dogs can be achieved through the shop and/or certain events. Members may play NPCs accounts but they're only meant to be temporary. For your application, you'll be asked to supply keys to prove you read our Guidebook. One of those that you'll need is bunbun. There are three in total and all can be found in these rules.
05. As roleplayers, specifically wolf roleplayers, we understand that some (though few) of our members prefer to use what is universally termed as 'wolf speak'; banner, auds, etc. Though these word substitutions are not banned, we do require that all who utilize them provide accurate and easily understood translations for each somewhere in the posts when mentioned. If our admins cannot understand your posts, you will be asked to revisit and redo.
06. Do not begin roleplaying before you have posted your character's application in the Profile Composition thread and have been accepted by a staff member.
07. God-modding (or 'powerplaying'), metagaming and ghosting are absolutely unacceptable here at Incandescence; even in the slightest offense. If you are caught doing so without an admin's or the other character's approval (and have had significant pointers before on how not to do so) you will receive one warning. Earn another offense and your account will be deleted.
08. If a member is not active, meaning they haven't posted in three months, they will be warned via PM. If the member does not either 1) post in the Leave of Absence thread to provide a 'heads up' for their absence, 2) PM a staff member or 3) post before the allotted 'inactive' time is up, their wolf will be declared inactive, possibly stripped of their rank and will not be "active" in our wolves' daily life. After six months, the account itself will be deleted. We are trying to maintain an active environment but keep in mind that deleted members are always welcome to return.
09. Members, remember, nothing in the forums is meant to be personal. If a wolf decides to pick a fight with you IC, they are not starting one with you OOC. Keep things respectful, keep it classy, and of course, have fun!
02. We use "semi-non liquid" time. On Incandescence, your wolf may only be in one area at a time. Your wolf can be in multiple threads within that same area but you cannot leave until all threads are finished. An area includes multiple territories/roleplaying areas. We understand this system might be different but please keep an open mind, and staff are always available to help you if it becomes confusing!
03. With this new system, there is a higher danger level. If a wolf needs assistance, they will need to look to the wolves currently in the same area. If no one is available, your wolf may "howl" (@username tagging) to call for help and other wolves may then come to assist. Please realize with this situation, if you put your wolf willingly into a danger and no one comes to help, they may die.
04. Each player is given three days (from the last post) to reply to a thread before they can be skipped. This isn't required and other members of the thread may wait longer at their own discretion. If you're in a thread with other members and it's your turn, make sure everyone else is okay with waiting for for the other person; otherwise, you are expected to reply. Please track all your threads and have a back-up for your wolf if you have to leave OOC, this way others can continue. For example, you can say if you're unable to reply that your wolf is going along with the situation, has left, etc. then return to posting when you have time.
05. In note with the above, you do not have to give the other member three days before exiting a thread. You can exit a thread at any given time, so long as there is nothing physically preventing your wolf from doing so.
06. We also have a complex fighting system (here) so be aware that if you put your wolf in a dangerous situation, they can die and if things are done fairly, this does not require player approval.
07. Whenever your wolf is leaving a thread, put "exit" at the bottom of their post. This is to assure everyone that your wolf has left 'for good'. This is also to avoid situations where wolf A leaves, wolf B says (once they're gone) a rude remark and suddenly, wolf A has reappeared into the meeting with a retort. If you exit an active thread, you're free to return but they will have not witnessed everything that has happened in their absence.
08. For pack threads, you do not have to reply every turn. You're free to let your turn go as if your wolf is listening and keep the thread moving. Other than intro and exit post, if your wolf has nothing to add, you do not have to post anymore. Please let the player after you know that they can post.
09. The borders for packs differ to their terrain and each pack has two borders available, one on each side depending on where your wolf is coming from. If a wolf is new to Candenta and they enter from the outside, the border they will run into Sine Fine, Vardar Passage or the Threshold. If they were born in the neutral lands or weaseled into the center by entering from the north or south, they may enter from the other sides; Lesovik Wood, Taiga Forest or Maiden's Blush respectively. Confused? Please refer to our map in the Guidebook to help!
10. While threads can be private (for certain people only), pack wolves are permitted to intrude private threads on their pack lands if they're currently in the area. This means, for example, you can't have your wolf trespass and put "private" on things so he or she isn't caught. It is a pack member's job to protect their territory from outsiders. Please note, anyone Tier Two or above is allowed to bypass the private tag in topics between pack members in certain circumstances.
11. When posting a topic, please list it as open, private, NPO or mature with the provided post icons. Open means anyone is free to join, private is for members only permitted by you, NPO means there is no posting order and mature is for any threads containing violent themes or strong language. You can find the icons underneath text input, it will then appear to the left of the title when the thread is posted.
12. On a short note, for new members, if your wolf has been on the border for some time and no one has come to accept them, you can leave and stay a loner or move to a different pack border. So higher ranks, be sure to stay active!
13. Though not necessarily a rule, we find it imperative that you realize before joining that the wolves of Candenta do not stay in dens all year round! Though winters in Candenta are extremely harsh and may require the use of dens, during the other months - even fall! - our pack wolves sleep beneath the stars. Instead of a hot cramp den, pack members will most likely sleep around the territory, most likely nearer to their camp or borders. Sleeping in neutral territories is not recommended. The only wolf to sleep in a den year-round is the pack's Alpha(s). Alphas use their dens to store their human texts; texts which, depending on the pack, have different reading restrictions, and hold within their bindings items of varying importance. Though Alphas have a permanent den, they too might sleep outside.
02. Once validated, you are now a member and can see all forums and also begin making your character. You can do so under Profile Composition. If you're confused, look at accepted bios beneath that forum. Do not copy characters to take for yourself, this is plagiarism as the characters and their contents belong to the player who first posted them. If a member is found to be using a stolen character we will contact the website it originated on, notify the character's owner, the offending member and lastly ban the account. We take this very seriously.
03. Until your wolf is put into a group (pack, vagabond, etc) you will remain in the member category. After you're put into a group, your username will be colored. Thank you!
02. When posting, you may wish to use those lovely little things called tables; bundles of html that make posts look even more fabulous. Tables are allowed but be sure your width never exceeds 580px. There is no maximum height, just be reasonable. Tables are never required, so please don't feel obligated to use one. If you don't know how to make your own, you can easily purchase one from one of our many graphics shops!
03. Signatures may not exceed 585px in length nor 300px in height. Avatars are 260 x 380.
04. All graphics for your wolf must resemble your wolf. For example, you cannot use photos of a black wolf for your signature and table if your wolf is white. While photo manipulation offers impressive effects, make sure your wolf is always recognizable and doesn't appear to be someone else completely.
05. Lastly, always cite your resources and never ever use someone else's graphics without permission; this includes, tables, avatar, etc. Do not rip codes from others (example; take a table code from someone else, modify it for your own character and claim it is your own) and be sure you have the artist's permission before using art made for you from another website. Another key you'll need for your application is marshmallows.
02. Keep romance to a minimum. At Incandescence we see wolf couples separate from members and will not tolerate overly romantic talk from members in the chat box. This often makes others uncomfortable, especially newcomers who are not aware of any relationship members may share, and is not suitable for the chat box.
03. Continuing from the rule above, please realize the chat box is not your own personal area. It is for all members of Incandescence. One-on-ones and such are not allowed. Try to include everyone in your conversation instead of speaking to one member and making others feel excluded. If you wish to have a private chat, take those nifty PMs into account and use 'em.
04. Don't spam or flood! It's unbearably annoying and your fellow members won't enjoy it.
05. What arguments arise with the wolfies stay with the wolfies. In other words, no bantering or blatant racist, sexist, or religious slander in the c-box! Continuing on this subject, don't discuss controversial topics. If you are clearly offending someone or starting a heated debate, immediately stop the conversation. Do not attempt to make a weak excuse and please, please, apologize for any damage done. Keep in mind the very lovely Golden Rule.
06. If you have an issue in the chat box, please take it up with an admin before excelling the situation. An admin will take care of the issue and the member(s) involved will receive a firm warning; and make sure to take the time to notify admins if the problem continues. However, we will not ban members on the first warning or at the drop of a hat because our members are, like us, only human and make mistakes and it cannot be helped, though it can certainly be brought to attention. Excessive inappropriate behavior in the chat box will result in a ban.
07. In dire situations, members might be banned without notice. Commonly though, you will receive a PM/Email prior to your account(s) being deleted. While we apologize for our bluntness, this is not negotiable as Incandescence is not democracy and any behavior our admins feel is inappropriate will not be tolerated. Players who need a parent-figure to teach them how to be respectable in a community won't last long on our site. Also; don't forget too add popcorn to your application with the other words.
08. That being said, please be respectful. Our members' comfort, safety and personal space are our priority, and if one of these are violated there will be consequences. Enjoy yourselves, but make sure to keep it appropriate.
If you need additional help, you can check our FAQ here.
© Image copyrighted to Claeric!
37 to 39 in
160 to 179 lbs.
35 to 36 in
140 to 159 lbs.
30 to 34 in
115 to 139 lbs.
26 to 29 in
80 to 114 lbs.
65 to 79 lbs.
36 to 37 in
145 to 160 lbs.
33 to 35 in
130 to 144 lbs.
29 to 32 in
100 to 129 lbs.
26 to 28 in
75 to 99 lbs.
24 to 25 in
60 to 74 lbs.
39 to 40 in
170 to 189 lbs.
35 to 38 in
145 to 169 lbs.
30 to 34 in
125 to 144 lbs.
27 to 29 in
95 to 124 lbs.
70 to 94 lbs.
You can buy extinct or foreign species and learn about them here.
But wait, how big is the maximum size? Taking an XL Tundra for example, 40 inches is an enormous wolf. At this height, your wolf would be taller than a Maned wolf or Miniature horse. They'd even be on par with the tallest dog ever (click for ref)! A wolf this size will need an substantial amount of food and most certainly be taller than some of the prey in Candenta (musk deer, for example). Why do we allow this large of a size? This is because wolves have become larger after humans; and this does not only apply to our canine friends but other animals are at least 10% larger as well. If you have anymore questions, please don't be afraid to ask one of our staff!
This a common subspecies that hails from central and northern Russia and, obviously, the rest of Eurasia. These tawny wolves are relatively slender and have larger ears than their North American cousins, but are in no way small in size. Their fur is a mixed range of color from various ocherous tones, their coats hardly ever seeing solid colored individuals.
|Color Examples: ||Rare Colors*: |
Timbers are relatively widespread, for they can be found in various Canadian provinces as well as parts of Eurasia. Their fur coats can be any color - from black to white, mixed or solid, with the exception of solid red and Eurasian-like patterns.
|Color Examples: ||Rare Colors*: |
This is a subspecies of grey wolf that is strictly native to northernmost Eurasia; or Russia. These wolves are usually larger in size than most grey wolves and their fur ranges in a lighter color spectrum from a diluted white to a russet grey or black. Tundras are not to be confused with their cousin, the Arctic wolf, that roams the polar regions of North America and Greenland.
|Color Examples: ||Rare Colors*:|
Established in a region of conifer evergreen, Aeterna inhabits a somewhat more coarser terrain than its neighbors. Aeterna is a land of infinite pine, a place so consistent and indistinguishable many a wolves have gotten lost in her depths. Lazy characters are not tolerated here and to thin out those looking for handouts, Aeterna has constructed the ultimate trial; the venture through the infamous Sine Fine. The highest mountain range in Candenta, it barricades what other societies might remain behind its earthly walls. Though not all wolves enter from the west and have the chance to face it, those unable to boast about traveling over the mountain peaks may find reluctance to be accepted into society.
An important factor to know is that Aeterna doesn't permit rule breakers. One is expected to uphold the laws just as everyone else and those whom feel exempt from that rule won't last too long. While in the presence of others, all members are expected to have both a respectful public image and to act in a way which could possibly bring harm back onto the pack. Against the scrutinizing impression of those immune to their private lives, those in Aeterna are not a horrendous bunch. Behind closed doors, this group is full of joy and merriment. Regularly, the Alphas hold entertaining events meant only to be shared in confidence. Aeterna likes to argue that they possess the most meritorious, faithful wolves in all of Candenta and they'll probably run out of breath doing so. Alphess Iceis seeks those few whose soul endows both the ability to uphold her rules and to give undying loyalty to one another; even when the world clings on their heels, foretelling their indubitable defeat.
Governed by the fearsome Iceis Robur Aeterna, those beneath her iron paw are seen as the more rugged of individuals. The truth of the matter is an unique balance of morals set by the adult she-wolf. All are free to approach Sine Fine's territorial verge but those whom are allowed passage in Candenta must withstand mental examinations. To each his own however, the individual must have learned from their trials instead of bringing woe and devastation with them. The Alphess has numerous restrictions on texts from the Ones Before - one of her most dire laws to be upheld. Due to her own previous experiences, only those with a great necessity will be permitted into the Alphess's sacred library at their leisure.
Diverse. Dauntless. Resolute.
Nestled deep in a basin of green riches rests the land of the Aiseiri pack, an arguably idyllic kingdom that one created in the many names of civility, equality, and individualized greatness. Its laws are lenient, its teachings grand, and its wolves, sister and brother alike, are kind beyond many a foe's grasp. As gentle of souls they are, their borders - a flat expanse of gurgling hot-springs and easy travels - welcome also those with pasts dark or otherwise impure, as second chances are, more often than not, plentifully ruled, however; though from their tongues a word rings sweet, they are no merciful beings to those of wickedness, just as they are not foolish as certain as they are amicable. They act with force only when truly necessary, as their fondness does not lie with murder, but are forever protectors of those incapable of ensuring their own safety.
Aiseiri territory is of a lush abundance of beauty, as with the heated middle months brings a chorus of glorious emerald song. Hidden well in troves of ancient trees and draped in strands of moss, its border sparkles with the dew of a summer's morning and glistens come the ice of a winter's, and though seasons come and go as any a grove in Candenta, the sun that perches atop Aiseiri trees is especially harsh through the days it peaks. As with their sister, Aeterna, the lands consist of both treacherous falls and sights worth seeing, though in the rolling dip that Aiseiri wolves call home, there is little to be feared - supposedly.
After the disappearance of their Alphess, this pack is now led by both Beta Cadvan and Beta Sorrel. Sorrel found it difficult to manage on his own and brought in his dear friend, Cadvan, to sit by his side and thus far, the two wolves have kept the pack up on its own two feet. Though these leaders give loners their due respect, they recognize family's importance above all else and so, they often don't entertain jokers of impudent characters. Aiseiri's punishments for impudence or simple informality may not be as severe as the next - harm brought to their people, however, may not be forgiven so easily. The knowledge passed from the fallen Ones Before are treasured not only by their leaders but by all who share in their ample lands, not as a law which is enforced but as an optional picking of which is encouraged to be indulged in.
Ingenuity. Integrity. Noble.